9.18.2012

The Large Style Magazine

My Sunday usually starts with making a cup of tea and grabbing for The Sunday Times Style magazine.  I read this magazine cover to cover before going and making eggs for breakfast.  Style magazine offers everything you want out of a weekly fashion magazine.  It has intelligent and thoughtful articles, gorgeous features, a few recipes, an editorial spread, horoscopes and a dash of comedy.  If you live in the UK and dont read Style then let me tell you my friend, you are missing out!  

In celebration of London Fashion Week beginning, Style launched their Fashion issue.  This issue, to my great excitement, is extra large!!! (See image below). Yep, a blown up fashion magazine- pretty cool. In case you missed out on Style's Fashion Issue,  here are some snaps of my favourite pages so you can get an idea of what was inside.



The front cover


The high street picks


The high street picks.


An edit about how high-street has stepped its game up and how we can rock catwalk trends on a budget. A bit of a how-to as well as people of the industry are interviewed. 


My favourite A/W '12 campaign: Mulberry featuring Lindsey Wixson. It tells such a story.


'Winter Florals' a/w '12 look how-to


'Military' a/w '12 look how-to


'Statement Knits' a/w '12 look how-to


'Clean Cuts' a/w '12 look how-to


'After Dark' a/w '12 look how-to


One of the Editorial spreads in this feature was fairytale Hansel and Gretel (or just Gretel) fashion fun.  Aryan and demure but glamorous and desirable, this shoot got me excited for Christmas wear...  And to play with my red lipstick again. 


Editorial close up


Mirander Kerr's editorial spread (*girl crush*)


For those of you who are not familiar with Style magazine, Mrs Mills is like your sexy, candid agony aunt. She doesn't sugar coat, she tells it to you how it is and she always mixes a bit of humour in there.  This lady makes me laugh without fail every Sunday.  This Sunday, because it was Styles Fashion issue, all of the queries asked of Mrs Mills were fashion related conundrums.  The last image is a snap of the first but very amusing problem.  Have a read and I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say (/write) that Mrs Mills would certainly make an entertaining dinner party guest.